WELCOME TO LV CHAIR YOGA AUSTRALIA
Who Are We?
Hi, I'm Claire the owner of LV Chair Yoga Australia. Here at LVCYAU, we help people everywhere in the world receive the benefits of Yoga through Chair Yoga teacher training, classes, videos, workshops and private sessions. We strongly believe that Yoga and it's teachings should be accessible and available for everyBODY, and we think that Chair Yoga is the best way to make that happen! We acknowledge that everyBODY is an individual, and are devoted to ensuring that every individual that joins our Chair Yoga classes, workshops and teacher trainings is welcomed and taught Yoga in a way that feels safe, supportive and beneficial for their individual needs. We are so grateful to be able to share Chair Yoga with you and look forward to seeing you on the chair soon!
CHAIR YOGA DVD
Get Fit Where You Sit from home with our Chair Yoga DVD. Available now in hard copy or digital download.
CHAIR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Learn to teach Chair Yoga with us
One on One Online Course
Our one-on-one Online Course offers you the opportunity to study at your own pace, in your own way, from anywhere in the world! Includes 26hrs of self study and 6 personal tutorial sessions with your teacher. A great way to study from home, overcome time difference and to meet your personal study needs. Find out more below and get your discount.
Group Course - In person and Virtual Classroom
Along with our one-on-one course we also have two other study options - our in person face to face training AND our newly added Virtual Classroom training. Both of these options are a great way to get your Chair Yoga certification in a fun, interactive and supportive group environment. Our upcoming dates for 2021 are:
29-30 May - BRISBANE
12-13th June - MELBOURNE
23-25th July - ADELAIDE
TBC August - PERTH
25-26th September - SYDNEY
TBC October - VIRTUAL CLASSROOM
Anytime, Anywhere - One on One Online Course
Like our classes, our training is inclusive for everyone! Our 32 hour Teacher Training is open to Yoga teachers, fitness and health professionals, community or disability workers, family members, care givers - or anyone who would like to support others using the tools and techniques of Yoga - in a safe and accessible way on the Chair. Join our worldwide community of highly skilled and qualified Chair Yoga Teachers sharing the wonderful benefits of Yoga with their friends, families, clients, and patients in workplaces, community centres, aged care centres, yoga studios, schools and in private sessions.
1. Learn how to adapt ALL traditional mat Yoga poses to the Chair in a way that will work for everyBODY in your classes
2. Learn how to make your sessions inclusive and accessible with effective language, communication, sequencing and teaching skills
3. Receive a vast amount of resources along with your training sessions including a 200+page manual, recorded video content, DVDs, CD, plus gain access to extra resources, upskilling opportunities and on going support from Claire and other Chair Yoga Teachers after the training with our Teacher's Community Group
4. Study in a safe, inclusive, fun and supportive environment where you will be welcomed no matter your experience, ability or flexibility! You do NOT have to have previous Yoga training or perform any poses to join our training. All humans are welcome to join our course.
5. We have a personal approach to all of our study options and we only qualify teachers who we have spent time with during our course. We uphold a high standard of training and take it seriously that we are sending you out into the world to teach Yoga to humans in all different bodies - so we have a responsibility to help you to look after them as best we can. You will receive your certificate once we see you teach, and we work with you until we know that you understand how to work safely and effectively with the clients that you may be teaching.
CHAIR YOGA CLASSES
Join Claire on Facebook for a free LIVE online Chair Yoga class every Tuesday at 12pm AEST. Not on Facebook? You can sign up for a free Chair Yoga class with Claire every Thursday at 7:30am or Wednesday & Friday at 10am on Zoom here
If you can breathe, and have a chair, you can practice Chair Yoga!
Chair Yoga is for everyBODY! There are many reasons why practicing Yoga on the floor may not be suitable. Some choose to practice Chair Yoga with us because it's a convenient way to get more movement into their work or school days. Many of our students are living with a disability, arthritis, injuries, mobility, flexibility or balance challenges, or joint pain that makes weightbearing uncomfortable. There are many people who have challenges getting up and down from the floor, for many different reasons and consequently they have missed out on practicing Yoga! We know that Yoga has many benefits and we believe these benefits should be available for ALL, not just some. Chair Yoga is the perfect solution! It is an accessible, inclusive way to practice Yoga that is perfect for any body, on any chair, anywhere!